Sunday, 8 January 2017

Preliminary Task Evaluation

Planning & Production

Our groups planning process was very loosely structured, which upon reflection had more negatives than positives. However once we had grasped the concept of our clip we assigned different tasks to each member of the group, before doing so we wrote out a basic story board together so we all had something to work from when writing the shot list etc. By working together on that specific task it worked well for our planning process so there was no confusion and when it came to filming we could be quick and efficient. We had individual tasks, mine was making the story board, and this again helped with the speed and efficiency of the planning process as we could work on several tasks as once. 

Making sure we had actors and a film location was a group decision and was easily done, however upon reflection if I were to do this task again I would make sure we knew the location structure better as we had a short amount of time to plan so our knowledge was limited when it came to making things such as the story board and there were a few differences to the location structure from the storyboard and over all 'vision' so we had to adapt our film plan and many shots but this was easily solved by making informed decisions and adapting the content of the shots.

The last thing that could have been improved on within the planning process was the casting research as it became clear once filming and reviewing the clip that the level of skill of acting can have a significant effect on the clip and cause audiences to not be immersed within the clip. Within the production process I took the roll of director and adapted lighting and certain shots and we went through the shot list in order, only referring to the storyboard when changes needed to be made. Besides having to make certain changes such as completely cutting out phone conversations etc, the production process went well.


Technology

As this was our first media task I encountered a lot of new technology, I learnt a lot more about the camera settings (ISO, shutter speed, exposure, overexposure, underexposure, manual focus, auto focus etc.) and their effect on footage from just actually putting it into practice. However the most learning I did was within post production and using the editing software'Adobe Premier' and the basics of editing, which will really benefit me and I will bring forward with further work. Picking certain sound effects when editing was the biggest dilemma post production as our microphone hadn't picked up everything but this was eventually solved by collecting sound effects online and making a few of our own.



                                    Team Work

As a team we worked well and efficiently together and solved many problems, if we were to do the task again however I think we would distribute the work load among us better and brainstorm our ideas together more.


No comments:

Post a Comment